Wedge Shoes for Women
Wedge shoes have a triangular heel that runs from the front of the foot to the back. This type of heel is perfect for women who are not used to wearing heels, but want some added height. Because wedge shoes do not have an extra space in between, it gives women the support that regular heels do not have. Moreover, it eliminates the pain normally associated with wearing traditional high-heeled shoes. Wedge shoes are versatile and can be worn with almost all types of attire.
* Espadrille Wedge. This wedge is made with a flexible material, usually braided or woven rope, for the sole and typically has an ankle strap. Espadrilles are ideal for the spring and summer months and go great with shorts, flowing skirts, wrap dresses, gauchos and summer dresses.
* Cork Wedge. This wedge is made from a cork material. Cork wedges are perfect for the summer when you want to slip on something fun and flirty for the beach. Pair these wedges with a summer dress and you're ready to go.
* Wooden Wedges. This wedge is made with a wooden material. Depending on the materials used for the top of the wooden wedge, this type of wedge can be dressed up or down. Fabric tops can be worn with shorts, flowing skirts and flared pants in casual settings, as well as dresses in semi-formal settings. However, materials like leather can be worn with more formal clothing.
* Platform Wedge. This wedge is made with a platform, giving more support to the front of the shoe. Platform wedges come in a variety of styles, great for both casual and formal occasions. Regular platform wedges are great for formal events, especially when matched with an evening dress. For something more casual, platform sneakers are the way to go. You can wear just about anything with them.
* Covered Wedge. This wedge has a slight wedge that is built into the shoe and the top of the wedge is made with the same material as the sole. This type of wedge is most often used on ballet flats and boots. Ballet flats can be worn with jeans or skirts in casual settings and a business suit for work settings. Wedge boots can be worn with tights, skinny jeans, or even skirts.
Remember that wedge shoes for women look great with shorts, flowing skirts, wrap dresses, gauchos and flared pants but quite the opposite with tightly fitted clothing like capris, pencil skirts, skinny pants and leggings. Majority of the time, wedge shoes can look chunky, which make it unflattering to wear with tight clothing. The only exception to this rule is the covered wedge. Covered wedges, like boots, look great with tightly fitted clothing!